Monday, October 26, 2009

almost Samhain

LJ's nickname of the week for me is Barbara Gordon (note: she doesn't say Batgirl or even Oracle...) which i think is her way of saying in the world of superheroes I'm charmingly vanilla. I don't mind. I do look like her kind of. And I've been thinking of dyeing my hair reddish lately (Note: I have never dyed my hair), but I think this is a whim like wanting to buy a juicer or a wii.

I know I talked about Sanctuary the other day, but it keeps rankling: 1st of all, I'm pretty certain Ash's alive. I think everyone is. They weren't very convincing about the whole 'she's dead' thing. And 2nd, I keep coming back to this: the first season was highly enjoyable. But it was the early episodes, the everyday workings of the institution that attracted me. I dig the everyday. But soon they dug into this interesting but with harsh consequences for the building/mundane story arc. And I miss the unusual-usual-ness of everything else.

Just finished watching "Reaper" (L's been doing "Birds of Prey" which I think explains the BG moniker)--fun. I would follow it as a comic but I don't feel the need to own the DVDs. Is this my innate fear of Ray Wise (thanks David Lynch) or new-found recoiling from anything theological?

Meanwhile, have a safe and fruitful Samhain and Marvel Fest for those in the NYC area!

No comments:

Post a Comment