Saturday, October 17, 2009

LJ goes all psychotherapist on me

It's never been a secret that I disliked Stacy on House (hated, is more accurate, though I admit it's a baseless kind of hate--she didn't hurt him, she was nothing but nice). And on Sanctuary I have been stridently anti-Clara (though for the record I did not want her to die).

Clara's death brought up this conversation with LJ:
L: You just don't want Will to be happy because he thinks he needs you!
Me: Not me, I'm not fictional.
L: Someone like you then.
Me: He and Magnus totally need to hook up. She's like the ultimate cougar. There's always been a spark there.
L: And she's a surrogate for you. You identifiy with Magnus, not Clara or Ashley, so you want the object of your affection--Will--to have her/you.

Does this mean I see myself as Cuddy? Or is it just an affect of writing--the Powers That Be want whichever characters together and so we're influenced in that way. Or if you listen to LJ, because I identify with Veronica Mars I want her to hook up with Logan as my surrogate because I think he's hot. She might be onto something, but I don't know if it really tracks until we find minor characters to use the theory on. Major characters are too dictated by writers/producers and hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment