Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A giant post about tv

Everyone's jumping in with their post-mortem Dollhouse thoughts. Since I am a devote Whedonite, I can't help but join the noise:
it wasn't perfect but it was intriguing and really getting good. Did it deserve to die? Maybe, I guess, just by the numbers and whatnot but let's be honest, even if you loved it, didn't you fear this from the beginning? It was doomed from the start and Eliza (I loved you as Faith and even highly enjoyed Tru Calling) wasn't all that. Mostly I am sad for Dichen and Enver who were rockin' it out.

That rant ended let's move on to the other cancellation I care about: Eastwick. I hated the movie, loved the book, and the show was a fun guilty pleasure. I'll admit to mostly loving it because of Paul Gross (who plays Daryl Van Horn) because I love love loved him in Due South when I was a kid. He's been really good. It's a fun show. So I'm sad to lose that.

Meanwhile, the latest ep of The Guild is fabulous. I've been loving Vork all season and now he's back as guild leader (and on Glee! In the best ep yet!!!) so I'm psyched.

So it's only Wednesday and it's both a tragic (oh Joss) and terrific (yay laura on ANTM!) week for TV. We are blessed with riches American viewers. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment