Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Re-watching Buffy season 7:

Anya has all the best lines:
"I'm bad. Baddy bad bad bad bad. Does it make you horny?"
"Upside down and half-way to happy land."

I get that Dawn is "part of" Buffy and that she is physically a person and everyone has memories of her, but don't you just go "You're not real! You're a fucking energy-key!" sometimes? The whole Dawn thing just still doesn't sit right. Maybe it's cos I'm an only child??

In "Conversations with Dead People" the First channeling the suicide girl channeling Tara (supposedly) warns Willow that she's going to destroy everyone. Is this wacky foreshadowing for the future Buffy sees in the comics? Am I reading too much into this? I think not. Let's face it--Willow's destiny is pretty on track so far.

*Nov. 11 addition: rewatching s7 I think I'm more okay with the whole Dawn + Xander thing. Look at the way he talks to her, or how she hugs him when he returns with one eye... it's sweet. She's grown up and he's the only one who sees it (and kind of Giles).

No comments:

Post a Comment