Wednesday, December 30, 2009

today is brought to you by Paranoia

not known for my great cinematic choices, I watched "The Trial of Billy Jack" back to back with a documentary on Waco ("Waco: Rules of Engagement"). Now I am even more convinced of the corruption of those in power and am five seconds from calling all my friends to march on Washington. Or move to a compound and become a crazy-hippie-hermit (but let's be honest, both of these movies show how that would end...)
Is there a way to be peaceable in the modern world? A way for abuses of power to not exist? For people to stop them? (Keep in mind all of this is coming from me, a believer in nonviolence who loves comics... and hales from Welsh ancestors whose national anthem says its the land of warriors & poets...)
Fairly depressed and yet fired up to change the world. And make some black-eyed-peas for NYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment